A couple of months ago, we blogged about our progress on 514 Keats Avenue – our renovation project on a 1950s corner lot property right here in Ottawa.
We are happy to report that the project is complete, and as promised, we are excited to share the results with you! With this project, we really wanted to showcase our skills and talent. We stopped at nothing, didn’t cut any corners, and the results speak for themselves.
As previously mentioned, this was a complete top-to-bottom renovation—we stripped everything down to the studs and started fresh, and we couldn’t be happier with the results.
Here are some highlights:
- We opened up two walls in this very dated kitchen and put supporting beams up. We turned it into an open concept kitchen, so both the living room and dining room could be seen
- We installed new tile and custom cupboards in the kitchen
- We cut out an opening from the kitchen and installed French doors, which lead out onto a brand new composite deck
- We put in all new tile and repainted the entire home
- We installed brand new energy-efficient windows, and ensured they were properly insulated
- A new custom front door was put in, hand selected by our designer Kelly Maiorino
- We installed beautiful porcelain tile straight from Italy throughout the kitchen and entranceway, and took the original wood burning fireplace and converted it to a conventional gas insert
- Custom cabinets and vanity were installed in the upstairs bath, as well as custom tile for the tub surround
- We ripped up all of the old carpet to reveal beautiful birch hardwood underneath throughout the upstairs floor. We stripped and refinished these beautiful original floors—now they look brand new, bright and fresh
- Our approach with the basement was to design it so it would be fully contained in-law suite. We put in a small kitchen, complete with cabinets, fridge and stove
- We put in a bedroom and bathroom, and installed a beautiful custom tile shower
If we can do this for 514 Keats, imagine what we could transform your space into! Give us a call today to talk about your renovation project.
Check out some progress photos of this project on our Facebook page here, and make sure to to view our short video tour of the finished project!